View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi betrue

I think it matters not what you call it - only that you do something about it now.

From what you've written here there are some pretty good red flags here that you yourself have identified:

Originally Posted by betruetomyself View Post
Last October it came to a head when I came in from a gig and passed out in the bathroom, only to have my partner scream, cry and kick the door down as she thought I was dead.
The thought of turning out like that scared me, but not enough to keep me from going back to drinking and going out to get Pi**ed again a month ago.
Like many of you here, I planned on having a few and once I started I didn’t want to stop. I couldn’t get enough.
When I gave it up in October I lasted 6 weeks before having a drink. I used Christmas as an excuse. It was always on my mind and I was thinking about it constantly.
Clearly there's more going on here than normal drinking, and it's great you've recognised that - it took me the best part of 20 years to accept that in me.

I've never been to rehab so I can't offer experience there - I do believe tho that any recovery programme needs a firm and solid commitment underneath it - you need to want to be sober...and more than just 'for the wife and kids'...

You're nearly at 30 days so you''re well on your way - keep it up...use us for support

Good to have you with us
D