View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Robbie46

Oxycontin problem

In 2003 I had a motorbike accident and have had pain ever since in back and hips
I would take panadine forte but didnt like constipation that came with it.
I moved North of the river and changed doctors about 8 months ago and he put me on Oxycontin, the side effects were never explained nor was the nature of the drug.
The persription was 20mg twice a day (not much compared to others Im sure)
The pain subsided but after the 1st month I found that my bowels were slowing down which was distressing the process was there it wasnt constipation it was just slowing down to stomach cramps in the morning and no ability to push it thru It was as if my gut was parylised.
About 1 month ago I found myself shallow breathing when in bed , the breathing would shallow and as I fell asleep would stop, I would then awaken feeling suffocated, I havent had more than a hours sleep collectivley per night for weeks, I went back to the doctor and told him the symptoms,( I made appointment a week prior) his reaction was renew my script for oxy! send me to emergency by ambulance for cardiac arrest?? which 1000 dollar, 4 ecg's and a mirad of blood tests turned out to be a total false alarm because as I told him apart from being dog tired I felt fine.

upping the oxy didnt sit right with me so I did my own research and to the best of my Knowledge found that the oxy pills are the culprit for the symptoms (and damn dangerous) so I through them in the bin 2 days ago, I am now spraypainting the toilet every few hours, feel agitated, cold sweats but still having trouble sleeping.
From what I can gather Im in withdrawal, I understand that .BUT has anyone had the bowel and breathing symptoms that manifest when taking oxy? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I dont care how bad my back pain gets I will never put another one of these things in my body again....ever I never craved them and even tho I feel like crap today I dont have any desire to take one at all .