Thread: Detox
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by AceDace View Post
I explained my problem, and said I was on a low income and every few often times ran out of money was genuinely scared about DTs and all. I said I wanted to give up and would like to have a prescription of benzodiazepans to help.

He absloutely refused, saying alcoholics use them to help them drink. I live in the UK by the way. He just offered anti-deppresants. I even said fair enough, prescribe me them once, and obviously if I abuse them you can obviously not give me any more if I ask for them. But no luck.
Hi and welcome.

I suggest you go back to your GP. Perhaps try a different GP in yours is a practice.

Instead of asking for benzos, which they are going to turn you down for, explain to the doctor what withdrawal symptoms you are having such as convulsions and ask for some help detoxing. Avoid asking for a prescription for a certain med - I find that really gets some GPs backs up. They like to be the ones who decide what you need.

Other than that if you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms go to your nearest A&E or Walk in Centre.

By the way, your low income is irrelevant as all healthcare is free. They will treat you regardless.

Please try again and ask for help.