View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
idahoone

((((Help)))) I also have an addict son- I used to be on this board alot (my posts disappeared) a few years ago- it was constant drama- jail, bail, more drugs...blah blah blah....then he went to prison in October of 2007-nothing I could do about it. It was scarey for me- and I think scarey for him too- he had to do 15 months minimum to meet the requirements of his sentence but he could have done 4 plus years. Guess what? He followed the rules- made his way from medium security- to minimum security- and to a work center- and got out in January of 2009. He has worked for 2 years in a row now (no lapses in employment) and he was promoted last week to the general manager position at the fitness club he works at.

My point is this...when I bailed and worked myself into a tizzy finding options for him- Drug Court- failed out, In Patient Treatment- completed it but was using within 2 months, bailing him out repeatedly (once for over $100k- would love to have that back)-he wasn't ready!! The day he went to prison- I thought my heart was going to break- I cried like a baby in the courthouse- but guess what?? I now know G*D had him exactly where he needed to be...prison or jail is not the worst thing in the world for our kids- it feels like it but it really isn't

You have to do what you can live with but think long and hard before you rescue him...

With love