Old 02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Hey TraderJane. Haven't seen you on SC before, so welcome. And if you have been on SC and I missed it... welcome anyway, I guess

I'm really exhausted tonight. I'm having trouble staying asleep again, had an early class this morning and a late class that I just got out of about an hour ago. It's always so hard for me to wind down after class. I might just do my homework.

So I'm trying to have a little more positive attitude toward things. I hung out last night with a friend who recently got out of rehab. I figured this would be a good person to chill with, right? Wrong! "So... uh.... you remember that guy? What was his name? That black guy you used to hang with? Do you still talk to him at all?" Well, since I quit doing coke I don't hang out with my dealer anymore. Good to know why he wanted to hang out though. I'm a little disappointed, but I haven't spoken to him for 6 months and I didn't really miss him so... *shrug*

A good friend-- one who helped me more than anyone else get clean-- is in the hospital with a horrible infection that may have moved into his brain. He's not in good shape at all and I'm totally stressing out about that.

Deep breath. This sucks. I really wanted to see things more positively, just try thinking better for a couple days and my life is conspiring against me. Trying to keep it all in perspective.