Thread: Hey all
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HockeyFreak24

Hey all

Hey Everyone,

I guess i'll start off telling you about myself. Im 24 years old, and i've been drinking since I was 19. Started off about once or twice week in my parents house..when they would go to sleep I'd pull out my captain Morgan or Jack Daniels bottle and get drunk. I moved out when I got a job at 21 and pretty much since then 80% of the time when I didn't have to wake up early the next day i'd get drunk...by myself in my apartment. I'm a cop with rotating shifts about 15-20 days of the month I could sleep late...and drink.

At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but when im at work at 9pm and i'm looking forward to getting off and drinking...not fun. It's become a routine. I woudn't even go out with my co-workers after getting off at midnight because in my mind I have my night planned out...go home, get drunk. I pretty much became a hermit which I hate..

Anyway i've tried to stop before but inside I knew I wasnt ready, but yesterday while drunk I ruined a good relationship I had with someone. My alcoholism never really affected anyone but me but that's not the case anymore and it's time for a change.

This is day 1. Sorry for rambling on, looking forward to talking with you all, seems like a great place here

-Steve