Thread: Detox
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I would STRONGLY suggest you speak to your doctor and tell your Dr. the entire truth about your drinking.

I will share with you my medical detox experience:

Day 1 I walked into detox, they gave me a physical and then a fist full of pills, I asked what they were for & the nurse said, some are for anxiety, a bunch of them are vitamins, some were for blood pressure, & some were for other things. Every 2 hours they took my blood pressure and checked me for the shakes, then they gave me more pills.

Day 2 basically the same as day 1, Every 2 hours they took my blood pressure and checked me for the shakes, then they gave me more pills.

Day 3 basically the same as day 1 & 2, Every 2 hours they took my blood pressure and checked me for the shakes, then they gave me more pills, one very important difference one day 3...... about half way through the day when they checked me for the shakes my hands were shaking pretty good.............. the nurse said "Looks like we need to up your seizure meds!". I said "Seizure meds? You did not tell me I was on seizure meds!" The nurse told me that I had been on them since I walked in the door.

In other words even though I had been on seizure meds since day 1, the shakes did not show up until the 3rd day, I have no idea what would have happened with out all the meds, they did tell me that things did not get real bad until day 3 or 4 for many people.

If you have not seen your Dr. and been TOTALLY honest with him yet about your drinking you really should...... This could be a matter of life & death!!!

Yes for some people withdrawal from alcohol can kill them.

Every person is different, for some withdrawals may not kick in for 2-4 days.

How long has it been since you had a drink or drug?