Thread: My Day 90
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Toronto68

Everybody, thanks for all the support. It does feel good generally, mostly emotionally. Around the time I stopped I had begun a project, and to force me to encourage myself, I wrote down a list of things I had accomplished thus far, no matter how small they were or silly they sounded. When I let myself do that, I was able to get a few dozen items on the list, then a week later another dozen. Buried inside the list was quitting drinking and I put next to it "(huge accomplishment)". LOL. Yeah, huge enough to deserve a list all of its own.

I think I need to be more physically active, and will add that to my things to focus on. So that I am able to make the right adjustments and get good sleep. (My insomnia is back, and I don't sleep for about 3 hours and don't even feel the desire to head to bed, so that is a problem to deal with.)

I feel lucky to have grabbed on to the moment I stopped. So I still have my little lists to remind myself of what meant something to me when I stopped, and have opened them up a few times. And yes, I also come in here to stay focused.

Thank you