Thread: My Day 90
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Toronto68

My Day 90

Well, today is my Day 90. Earlier on, after quitting, I wasn't paying that much attention to the days, but now I am happy to be able to say I have hit a milestone. I was coming in here only once a week or two, but in the last couple of days have posted a number of messages already. I guess there is an instinct at work there, to keep going.

I won't tell a lot about my story right here, I find that I tell my story as I go along. One thing I have noticed about myself over the years is that I tend to be better at coaching others than looking after myself. A kind of coaching is part of my career path in a way, so maybe that is a manifestation of it. But I know I have lots to learn and keep learning. If I had to sum up in few words what my addiction experience is, I guess it would be fear and medicating it with a false friend. Lack of good self-image is another way to put it. I knew it a long time and just kept ignoring it, and took false comfort in the false friend. Glad I am facing what I need to and believing I deserve better, like so many people.

Thanks for all the support and I hope others will get something good out of me too!