View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tribal1969

Mrs

Originally Posted by changes View Post
I've occasionally lurked on the SR boards for the past 2 or 3 years but I'm going to post.

I'm a single mom of 2 great kids and have a serious alcohol problem. It started about 8 yrs ago and I would have a beer or two with ex husband and am now drinking approx. 3/4ths of a fifth of vodka a night although I try to limit it to a pint. Every time I try to quit on my own I manage to stay sober for about 3-5 days before relapsing. I don't want my kids 10 & 6 to grow up with an alcoholic mom and can feel my drinking starting to affect my health.

Problem is I don't know what to do with the kids or money. I have a work at home job so I'm the caregiver for the kids all week as I have a flexible schedule. Ex husband has a demanding inflexible weekly schedule and would have to take a leave of absence. There's a good chance I would lose my job if I entered rehab for more than a week. I'm close to living paycheck to paycheck at the moment. I'm not sure what to do about mortgage, car payment, etc. Ex husband would be in the same boat.

I tried AA for a while but I live in a rural area with 3(Mon, Wed, Fri) AA meetings a week held at the county courthouse two towns away. I feel horrible & selfish and stupid that I can't stop without rehab.

I was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and how did you get through it.
I feel for you! I am in the same situation. Except I have not been able to go as long without drinking as you have.Good Luck!!!