View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kma
kma

Somethings gotta give

My name is Karen. I used to come to this forum back in 2007. It helped alot, I should have kept coming. I stopped coming here because the past two years have been very stressful for me and I pretty much fell in the bottle and stayed. I've tried to stop drinking repeatedly over the past 10 years. Nothing seemed to help. Not a DUI, nothing. I tried AA and didn't like it.
The past two months though my drinking has worsened. I lost my job with the company I worked for and started working for a different one. I'm trying to get my degree so much is going on in my life. I start drinking when I hit the door after work and don't stop until I pass out. Get up go to work and do it again. I have no rules anymore on the weeekends, just drink all day.
My relationship with my family is suffering and I'm just so tired and sad all of the time. I have so much to be greatful, but it seems the booze doesnt allow me to see it anymore. I feel desperate to stop drinking and improve my life. I need the tools to keep me sober and I'm hoping to find them here. I need to stop for good, not just a few weeks or months.
Any advice and support I can get will be very helpful.