View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Teke))

praying for you and your precious children (and your step-son-so glad that he too can find comfort with you and your children) as I see it - it doesn't take great words, money, or lots of fancy things to impress children - it just takes a loving heart and a kind comforting spirit - it is obvious that you have that - this is why your stepson is drawn to you and your home.

I would think that anyone in your place would feel that emptiness and deep grief in the loss not only of your husband but also of the loss of what could have possibly happened should he have been able to enter that treatment program again. As you know there is always a chance, and now that chance is gone - that is earth shattering and heartbreaking my sweet precious friend - of course you will feel devasting grief - Please don't "should" yourself out of your feelings.

Although you had to separate yourself from him to take care of yourself and your children - it doesn't always stop the love and care - our emotions, love and hearts don't have an on/off switch - i'm thinking you will need lots of time to process, comfort and heal.

Please try to give yourself good healthy self-care - you deserve it, you are worthy of it and you need it.

HUGS,
Rita