View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

"totally honest and sincere"

That, lady luck, is the key to getting well. Congrats, it's in your hand.

My story is much like your own, only my mother was the sick one. Her sick boyfriends inlcuded. Ewww. But, I'll tell ya, when we get well. It turns into a faded story.

You're right on track. You're exactly where someone is when they are on the verge of making headway. Getting consistant clarity. Now comes the hard part, fostering it and having it become bigger. This usually takes other people. The AA program is a venue you should take into consideration. When you are ready. It's not going anywhere.

About your 22 days. I was thinking about this yesterday. My sobriety date is 07/19/07. But, I slipped back in June. I was thinking, the last time I had a *drink* should be one date, and my sobriety date should be when I stopped drinking like an alcoholic! - I dunno, it doesn't really matter at this point!!

Sobriety really begins to happen when steps are taken consistently. When we touch on making ourselves well everyday. Little things of self-improvement in addition to not drinking.

You're doing good. If you ask me, you are working in sobriety right now. So, what's your next step?