Thread: Here it goes...
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by Apple6 View Post
Hello, I'm new! And I need to quit drinking and I'm hoping that this will be a good tool to hold me accountable and allow me to rant when I feel I want a drink. I live in a smaller town and going to meetings isn't something I'm willing to do because guaranteed I will run into someone I know.

Basically moderation and I don't go together and I frequently drink myself into oblivion and then all sorts of terrible things happen (which is an understatement), and then come the horrible feelings and unmet obligations. I then feel that I want to quit drinking and then a little time passes and I'm back at it. It's a cycle that's been going on for many years; I want to stop it. The thought of what's to come if I don't is terrifying, which I'm sure if you're reading this then you understand. Some things have recently changed in my life and I feel that this puts me in a good position to take on this task now.

I'm looking forward to keeping the terrible things that result from drinking fresh in my mind and reaping the benefits of not drinking, as to provide continued motivation to not drink. It's exciting to know that I'm not alone. Any advice/warnings that might help are greatly appreciated!