Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
angharad

Thats the thing I didn't really get hangovers as such, I just woke up 6.30am made the pack lunch and breakfast then set off to work. Every breakfast time involved paracetamol for the initial fuzzy head.
The only feeling I got was around 3pm when I couldn't keep my eyes open and the shakes started. So When I finished work around 4pm, stop in the shops on the way home, buy the litre of vodka, then for the half hour before my bf got home from work I would separate the vodka into manageable cola bottles already mixed. As soon as I got home though one of those would be drank straight away.
Then began the night of drinking til i passed out at midnight.
Looking back now isn't it amazing how you can pretend to everyone around you that you are not drunk and just really tired? lol Plus as we live together he plays xbox most nights while I'm trying to study for my MSc so like he said, he didn't really notice.

Today I feel confused, anxious, bit sick and a bit shaky though not as bad as yesterday yet lol I just have the feeling of 'omg thats it, its all over' and then thinking how the hell am i going to cope on nights out or seeing friends and family now without drinking, how do i explain to them why im not drinking, its all a bit of an emtional roller coaster atm but posting on here suprisingly makes it easier Roll on Tuesday for that first aa meeting.

I must admit it was odd seeing midnight on a saturday night sober for the first time in probably about 5 years....