View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Roggy

I actually just now joined up because I read your message here that says...

""You drink almost as many calories in beer, in one night, as I eat (in food, of course) all day! THAT is a lot of calories! Not to mention the health risks (liver, pancreas, mental deterioration, etc) - the medical community agrees that one or two alcoholic drinks per day is plenty - more than that is considered excessive... I watched alcoholism kill my mother, it's not a pretty way to go - I'm very passionate about the subject.

From someone who's "the other half" to someone who drinks like you, it's almost excruciating to have a reasonable conversation with someone who has had six beers... broken promises, forgotten plans, priorities not *quite* where they would be if he was sober, irrational conversations, arguments... That's why I am here..

I hope you reach your goal and you're able to maintain it. I'm also glad you are open minded enough to take the risk and come here to ask questions and learn - you've got nothing to lose and so much to gain.

Personally I think that cruise sounds like LOTS more fun than lying around on a couch drinking, though!!

Best of luck to you!""

I'm not sure how things work on this site as it being I'm brand new. But I loved your writing and it gives me strength. I was doing a google on "is a 6 pack a beer per day too much" and found this site. I already knew the answer. I don't do anything other than beer and I stay home when I do it(not that it is an excuse). I've lost all my friends over the times when I DIDN'T recluse myself into my own place. I have lots to read and learn now.

Just wanted to send you a thank you for your message. Maybe AA would bring me together with like-minded individuals. I hear good and bad things though. Drinking is a problem for me. It makes me sad.