View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hey my wonderful sober family!!
Boy, I can always count on you guys. I just wish i didnt have to wait a week to come and check in.
Well there was a surprise house meeting Wed. Apparently i am not the only one seeing the BS. So all staff made it clear that the gossip, prying in others business, calling people out when your doing the same excact thing isnt going to fly anymore. That is another thing too. i have seen alot of "senior peers" pulling people up on things that they themselves are doing and way worse. And they arent even working a good program trying to tell others what to do. I just stay away as much as possible. I cant help what I over hear cuase there are 16 of us in one house. We live together and go to IOP all day together. I wish I could MP3 myself all day. but I cant.
I just stay out of it and away from those as much as I can.
I finally had to share at IOP about myself for the first time. It was very emotional. I had to talk about my mom. Missing since I was 5 and how my dad was an alcoholic and use to beta the **** out of her all the time.
And we had to watch this exercise in one group that was so freakin intense. OMG!! I swear my hand to God, I have never in my life ever seen anything so powerful in my life. The whole room was speechless.
The excercise was for someone who tlak down to themsleves all the time to bring in a pic of themselves as a young child. Sit in the middle of the group and look at that picture and tell that pisture of themselves as a child all those negative, bad things they think of themselves now. WHOA!!! Talk about some emotional stuff. I dont want to get into what the girl said. But , I was crying my eyes out.
I have a whole new respect for that girl. To be that raw, and open and vulnerable like that in front of all of us. I mean it was that intense. I could never do that. not like that.
Anyway. I am at the library right now. I will check back tomorrow when I am home.
Miss you guys.
Happy Vday!!!