View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

WELCOME TO SR

Before I got Clean & Sober, I thought that just by showing up at Meetings I would suddenly be healed of this obsession. Wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy? But it's not. You mentioned going back to AA and getting a Sponsor. That's a great start but don't just go to the Meetings, listen to the message, work with your Sponsor and no matter what, make sure you're completely honest with him. Complete honesty is vital to your Sponsor being able to help you. Remember, there's probably nothing you could admit to that will shock anyone because we've all done things that we are ashamed of. Being honest about everything is the beginning of being able to let go of the guilt and shame that can pull you right back into drinking.

I hope you'll keep sharing with us, get to at least one Meeting a day, get yourself even a temporary Sponsor until you find someone who you want what they have and feel you can be honest with and work with.

We have all hurt and lied to many people but it's not impossible to gain your wife's trust back. It will take time and a lot of work on your part, but it can be done. I hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up ready to begin working on your new life because that's what Sobriety is, a new life that can be happier and more rewarding than you ever dreamed possible.

God Bless,
Judy