View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome to SR! You're in the right place.

I'm a recovering addict as well and my DOC (drug of choice) was also opiates. First of all, RELAX! I know it's hard to do when you're feeling like crap about yourself. I'm not minimizing your problem at all when I say this, but if you were only using one to two 80 mg. Oxy's a day, I would think that your withdrawls would be very minimal. Now, this is only my opinion, ok? But that's good news for you! You're on your second day clean, right? I've been through detox for opiates more times than I can count so I can say for me, the first three days were the worst.

Your reaction to the Oxy's sounds like the same way they effected me and many other addicts. Instead of the pills knocking us out, they hyped us up. I know at the beginning of my addiction, when I used some opiates, I turned into what I thought was Superwoman. My house was spotless, the laundry was all done, I'd cook a big meal for my Son and husband (before the divorce) I had a dessert ready . . . sure signs that I was high. It seems like most people who get addicted to opiates have this same reaction, energy rather than being knocked out cold.

I'd strongly suggest finding some AA or NA Meetings in your area. I imagine when you read AA that your first thought is, "I'm not an Alcoholic" You don't have to be. Narcotics Anonymous is centered pretty much around the same concept and principals as Alcoholics Anonymous. Where I live, there are a lot more AA Meetings than NA. You can google Alcoholics Anonymous in your city and you'll probably have quite a bit of Meetings pop up.

I hope you stay clean and get some help so you don't end up like I did or sadly probably millions of other addicts. I used for 32 years with 25 of those years being heavily addicted to opiates. Those pills cost me so much more than I care to even mention. Get help now before you get in deeper. I know today and tomorrow are going to be rough days but you can do it. If you feel like sleeping, sleep! Let your body rest through the remainder of the time that the drugs are coming out of your system. Long, hot relaxing baths are also a big help. Stay away from caffeine, you don't need anything else to make you feel jittery. If you still have diarrhea, get yourself something for it at the drug store. But know that you won't have it for much longer.

Be proud of yourself for realizing that you have a problem and reaching out for help. That's the first step, admitting you have a problem that you need help with. Stay on here as long as you need to, that's what SR is all about, addicts helping other addicts, alcoholics helping other alcoholics, etc. I'm proud to say that I have 4.5 years Clean & Sober and by helping you stay clean today helps me stay clean today.

God Bless,
Judy