Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by angharad View Post
I rang AA today to see about meetings in fact. And i do not wish to see my GP as they are very judgemental.

CAn you see a different doctor, or go to the emergency department of the nearest hospital? We're talking about your life here. Withdrawal from alcohol can be life-threatening, especially considering how much and how often you've been drinking.

Do'nt tell your fiance if you think he'll blow a gasket, but please do get medical help. And if you absolutely refuse to get medical help I can only say to drink lots of water and juice, soft food, B vitamins, and chamomile tea can help with the shakes and anxiety, as can evening primrose oil.

I really hope you can get help tho.

Sorry this wasn't the type of response I was expecting.
Alcoholism and withdrawing from alcohol brings up a lot of unexpected things. Do what's best for YOU.

How do I suddenly go to the GP and go "im an alcoholic??" Ive been on antidepressants for 12 years. But as i work in the NHS I feel i would be judged.
Maybe better to undergo a little judgement (and health professionals are not supposed to judge their patients) and come out of it healthy and still alive than to let fear of judgement kill you - literally. The choice is yours. It's your life.