View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
snowman76

As soon as I'm completely off the medication, a more natural type therapy like acupuncture or yoga is my next step.

They would have to remove the disc and "fuse" my vertebrae's in order to "fix" the problem by surgery. I have a half brother, that has probably had 5 or 6 different surgery's on his back AND is on the strongest pain meds you could imagine right now. And will be in a wheel chair full time soon. I have an aunt that is multiple issues with her back and again several surgery's and STILL is in severe pain every day.

So hearing things like that, has me from wanting to dive right on them messing w/ my spine. Plus I've had a few MRI's and my condition, according to the films, doesn't appear that bad, and I could be in ALOT worse shape. Pain is something I have learned to live with but being a "slave" to this damn methadone, as well as , having pain, is for the birds!

I'm sure there are several options I can consider and the worst mistake I ever made was deciding to use pain meds as an option for relief. They should make it illegal to even offer it for pain relief! Or atleast let you know of ALL the risk you are in for before deciding to go down that road.