View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I did a lot of different things while I was drinking, the longer I drank the fewer of them I did, if I could not drink while doing something I no longer did it!

Slowly over the years even things I did while drinking I quit doing because I was just to busy drinking! In the end the only thing I really did was yard work because I could drink all I wanted & no one was there to gripe about my drinking and my yard looked darn good. The last 5 years of my drinking I either sat in my garage drinking, listening to the radio, trying to read the newspaper & trying to do crosswords.... or I was working in the yard drinking.

After I quit drinking I avoided my garage at all cost for about a year, then I went out there and began to clean up all the empties and tossing out the full ones I had hidden and forgot where they were.

I do yard work, but not like I used to, since I quit drinking I quit dreaming up things to do in the yard that did not need to be done.

I would suggest not to really worry about it, keep your recovery #1 and with time any hobbies you, like I did, have been avoiding will start to become a pleasure again.... & the best thing is you will be able to do them easier & better then ever before.