Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sanchopanza

Thumbs up Trying to kick percs and 10mg methadone tabs

Hi. I'm not a newcomer to drugs by any means, but since I'm new here and don't know my way around, it seemed like a good place to start.

I"ve been using most of my life; started heroin 1969 and went on until 1974. I got on Methadone maintenance, one of the first programs in the country. After 8 months, I decided that getting up early to give a urine sample and feeling hooked on something very similar to heroin wasn't for me. I was 24 and I quit 80mg cold turkey. It lasted about 3 weeks, I was younger and healthier then.

Right now, after being sober for 6 years, in which I went back to school to earn a B.A in psychology, I'm back taking percocet 20mgs at a time and chipping with 10mg methadone tabs. Some days I took 5 percs and 30mgs of the methadone. Other days, I've not been able to get anything and I'll get sick for 5 or 6 days only to start again. I haven't had anything for two days and I'm already really restless and don't think I'll be sleeping tonight.started After reading some stories about getting off of methadone on here, I'm worried that my "small habit" (relative to many other people taking meth in a program) is going to be harder than I first thought. I have some prescription Naproxen, some klonopin that is prescribed 1mg three times a day. I bought some immodium. I'm getting confused and it's hard to think straight. Id love to hear from anyone. Regardless of how long it takes, I"m going to stick it out and then take on the klonopin which in my mind is a more dangerous withdrawal, but I don't want to try that until this is over. I drug at a time.

Thanks So Much,

John