View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Roadr440

Those hobbies.. Yes i remember them!!! like you skistop I avoid them and they have been on hold for me for coming up on 1 year now. I have put my sobriety first, you see i want this so bad to stay sober I will go to any length and what every it takes, I'm 54 now and I think this is my last chance at sobriety and i want to guard it with all my tools that i have learn this last year.

I agree with Neo you will know when the time is right to get back in your woodwork, for me i'm just starting to get back into my hobbies, I call them baby steps, like you skistop i love to work in the garage, i have a old muscle car i'm restoring and only now have i starting to mess around on it. Or who knows skistop maybe it's time to try something different if you think it might trigger you? I know for me i'm going to be very careful..

My first post on sr was about hobbies skistop and a member here gave me this advice as someone gave him and i read it from time to time and hope it helps you like it did me. (Thanks so much Hevyn for this)

"Someone said on here recently that when we're kids, we have a natural high/happy feeling all the time - we're excited about life and we don't need anything to enhance that feeling. We don't start out needing a substance to enjoy things. I allowed alcohol to suck the life out of me for decades & it did feel strange without it for the first year or so. I focused on what I thought I was loosing, rather than what I'd be gaining."

Best of luck Skistop