View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Just to add - and I shall try to be careful re not giving medical advice here, mods please delete if I am crossing the line.

You should always see your doctor if you are concerned with your health. Unfortuantely a lot of doctors don't understand panic attacks or even if they do, they tend to treat them with medications. While they may help, medications which affect the nervous system by their nature affect the nervous system. And an affected nervous system is suseptible to panic attacks.

My first panic attack was actually caused by a prescription medication which I came off immediately but the panic attacks continued and got worse (reason why in my post above). As I said in earlier depression/medications/alcohol/drugs/illness can all affect the nervous system.

If you have had your first panic attack due to the natural healing from withdrawing from alcohol then understanding this and using natural techniques to get your nervous system back to working normally is going to be benefical.

As has already been said, anti anxiety meds can be addictive so it may not be the best thing for someone giving up an addiction.

Perhaps a conversation with the doctor about why you are having a panic attack and what is physically going on in your body and how you can change that....would be more benefical than taking a prescription, unless it is absolutely necessary.