View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I knew I was a binge drinker. That much was obvious but then that was cool in my eyes. Englands whole society is made up of binge-drinking. Very hard to find people who haven't binge-drank in many ways to be honest.

I liked the label of binge-drinker too, summed up my generations attitute towards booze and getting wasted. I didn't mind being a binge-drinker or being labelled as such, it's pretty obvious that if everytime you drink booze then you drink shedloads of it then you're a binge-drinker.

My real breakthrough came when I accepted what I really am and that is an alcoholic. Before I admitted that then sooner or later when I was offered a drink at a party or a b'day celebration or on Christams day or at NYE then why wouldn't I take it? After all I'm only a binge drinker so today I just won't binge drink.

I can only share my experience and you're probably much different to me in relation to this but I used to label myself as a binge-drinker, F*ckhead, Mashead, party boy, wreckead, rock n' roller etcetc everything but what I am ie- Alcoholic. That was the key for me in maintaining sobriety - total and utter acceptance that I am an alcoholic. An alcoholic who always binge-drank and loved binge-drinking. But I am an alcoholic. Now a 'recovering' alcoholic.

All The Best