View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1SoberSwede

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
I don't know how imprisonment for drug addicts is "good" for them or for society
It's not.I have personally seen prison staff furnish drugs to inmates.I spent over 5 years in prison,and can tell you first hand that how the prison system operates is not what it appears.Drugs are furnished to inmates BY staff.Most of the drugs in prison come off the street,by the very people who are trusted by society...the so called good guys.If you want it,there is a prison official that has it.

The prison system is a huge business,nothing more.It's about keeping the prison "Machine" running, nothing more.It's very simple,if people got better,and didn't re offend,then the bottom line suffers...and guess what we tax payers fund it all! As far as detox goes,you either die,or you don't "That is detox in prison"

I watched a man die personally.When the body was removed,I happened to hear the following conversation,as this poor man was zipped up in a yellow body bag,and thrown on a gurney like a sack of potatoes....Captain: "Well,that's one way to parole" Correctional Officer:"Looks like we won't be making any more money off of this sack of s--t." Captain laughing:"Oh well,we always have an endless supply!"This is something I didn't hear about or read about....I lived it.It sure made me want to get sober!