Thread: Detox?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
mrfurley

Originally Posted by mfreetofly View Post
I'm the same as you, as I have often taken a break of a week or two because I've been on medication, or tried to quit, and the only withdrawals I have are some night sweats and a little insomnia (but not every time.) I never worry about the withdrawals. For me the problem comes (like you) after 4-5 days I want to drink again and start questioning why I'm doing this in the first place (quitting that is.) I would say you too don't have to worry about the detox because you are essentially detoxing every time you take a long break.

Last night was my first official night without alcohol (I had one glass of wine the night before that caused me to break out in hives.) So last night was my detox night. I had night sweats but still managed to get a decent night's sleep. I may have one more night of this but I'm always fine by the 3rd day.
I didn't know know night sweats were part of withdrawal. I'm going on a little over a week sober and woke up the past two nights sweating. I didn't make the connection. Shoot.