View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freespirit78

Acceptance of what I really was...

I can honestly say to all of you and to myself. I was a Binge Drinker. It wasn't until I started reading and posting on this site that made me realize it. And come to terms with it. I think it helps to know I am not alone, by hearing everyone else's stories on here. I really started to lose myself in the drinking, even it was only happening once or twice a month.
I remember being 16 and saying I was never going to be that person. And seeing people at concerts when I was that same age saying if I was going to drink I'd wait at least til after the concert. Why waste the money on the ticket if you are just going to get drunk?!?!? well, the first concert I ever went to once I was legal age....I got drunk. What happened along the way?
What happened to that girl that believed in so much more?
Well, I am going to a concert in less than 2 weeks with my boyfriend and we are actually sooooooo excited to see a show SOBER!! And actually remember and enjoy it ALL.
I am 31 and didn't start drinking until I was 21, but now I look back on such wasted years...OMG.
why can drinking be sooooo socially acceptable?
I am def closing that chapter of my life FOR GOOD.
My eyes have really opened up to the things that I use to say to justify my actions/behavior related to drinking and why I drank and that I didn't have a problem because I didn't do it on a regular basis.
Thanks to all for listening. So much on my mind right now. I really enjoy reading everyone's post. Such good points, advice and insight....
I can't believe I am FINALLY owning up to what I was....
I def was in denial.