Thread: One Month
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NEJeeper

So now it has been six weeks. Count it, that is 42 days sober! The dog and cobwebs are clearing out of my mind. I am working on becoming a better person. AA has been going well. I have a sponsor and am still going about 9 times a week. I am smoking 10 cigarettes a day and drinking coffee like a fiend. I am also eating well and exercising. I do have a problem getting enough sleep but it is my fault, I simply cannot accept that there are only 24 hours in a day. lol

I living for the day and doing better at work. I don't seem to be suffering too badly from PAWS, but we will see with time.

I remember my first day sober I was twitchy as all hell. I think alcohol was screwing with my CNS, I mean I would twitch, like jerk my arm or my facial muscles, it was pretty bad. Not shaking, twitching. But that has not happened since the first day.

I also notice my coordination has improved greatly. I slid 30 feet down an almost vertical sheet of ice on Sunday and landed on my feet and took off running, and also made a run to jump onto a moving lift chair that could have been in a movie(or an accident report lol).

I am also digging being able to eat a piece of cake or make a milkshake and not feel guilty or gain weight. I mean it is so easy to justify! I look at this awesome milkshake and I say to myself "This is a lot healthier than 15 beers and bottle of whiskey!" and I dig in shamelessly. And now I would much rather have a milkshake, cake, ice cream etc. then a beer or a drink. Milkshake is way yummier than beer!