Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stormie

Hello....... I could really use some advice?

Hey everyone.....
I am (of course) new here, and I need advice. I have read several threads which I found while searching on google. I will try to keep this as concise as possible.......

For about 10 years, I was addicted to hydrocodone. I was taking around 150mg daily. It was a horrific time in my life. My family suffered the most. So, almost exactly a year ago, I started taking Suboxone. It completely changed my life. I lost a lot of "friends" --but I regained my family.

However, I am STILL taking Suboxone. I started out taking three tablets daily. Now I am taking TWO tablets per day. I wonder how long people usually take this medicine before weaning off of it...? I feel like I traded one addiction for another. How can I be happy about not being dependent on pain meds, when I am completely dependent on another medicine? I want more than anything to be clean. My husband tells me that taking two Subs per day is not even close to the same thing as taking 15 pain pills per day, but I know better. And the fact that I can't even bring myself to tell my doctor that I am ready to cut down is further proof of its hold on me.

I have been addicted (to one thing or another) for the better part of my life, and I would give almost anything to be really CLEAN. It seems like the same addictive behavior that has always ran my life is going to always be in control. If anyone can tell me how to keep it from running me forever; I would really appreciate it. Any advice at all would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.