View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ananda

Originally Posted by JWM View Post
I quit two days ago and it was really rough. I basically locked myself in the house for a whole day and paced back and forth in the kitchen arguing with myself about whether or not to go to the store for a few hours. I couldn't even focus enough on anything to stay busy and take my mind off it. At one point I had my keys in my hand and I just ran into the shower and turned on the water to soak myself and my clothes so I would not be able to go out in public. I was drinking an 18-pack a night. It was like if I had something to do I would come home convinced I would get it done, then sit down to have a beer and before I noticed I had finished the whole pack and I would be passed out on the couch in the morning. I used to make sure my alarm was set before I drank the first one at like 5PM. I don't know how I justified this and still thought I would be capable of taking care of my responsibilities outside of work. I mean who comes home, goes to have a beer, and thinks "I better set my alarm for in the morning"?
yep...that is typical alcoholic behavior...

Originally Posted by JWM View Post
If I am an alcoholic, is it possible to be convinced today that I will not drink anymore but still end up getting wasted? Also, is there a chance that I am not an alcoholic? How would I know this? lol sometimes I wonder if I am just crazy... especially lately.
You may or may not be an alchohlic. One way to look at it would be by reading in the Alchoholics Anonomys book the first 3 chapters....also, if you find you are the type who cannot will/want or by any other self means stay sober....then you may be the type of alchoholic that AA can help.

My biggist fear is to find out I'm not alchoholic, cause if i'm not... i'm not sure there would be any hope for me.

Glad you are hear and you are asking the right questions