View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hey JWM

I mean who comes home, goes to have a beer, and thinks "I better set my alarm for in the morning"?
I did.

Today was day 2 and I am feeling alot better, but I have been discovering things that I did in the past that were really odd. I know I was mean to people and I had a relationship that ended several months ago. Now I know that everything was my fault. I don't like it...
It really hard not to dwell on the past...especially on day two...but whats done is done...get yourself in recovery first, focus on getting up some sober time...then you'll much better equipped to look back at everything and work out what to do, if anything.

If I am an alcoholic, is it possible to be convinced today that I will not drink anymore but still end up getting wasted?
Yes - I've done that many time, and I know I'm not the only one.

It takes effort and determination to stick to this - but read and post here as much a you like - I'm sure you'll find lots of encouragement and support here

Also, is there a chance that I am not an alcoholic? How would I know this? lol sometimes I wonder if I am just crazy... especially lately.
I often think a better question to ask is 'is my drinking causing me problems' - and then look around for solutions.

I'd say worry about the label later. I didn't decide I was an alcoholic until I read enough posts here and saw myself in nearly all of them. That was good enough for me

Welcome to SR
D