Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

I went in and took a shower this morning after this post. Then I forced myself to go outside for a while in the cold. I walked up the long driveway and checked the mailbox. Then I came in to the house worn out.
I've been snacking a lot today to keep my mind off the pills. I spent time reading my fourth book, Twilight Vampire series. I'm gonna be at a loss when I finish this last book. I started the series on my first day of detoxing. I love to read and it's really helped to keep my mind off the pills by sending me into their fantasy world.
I told my husband this morning I was having a hard day with wanting a pill. So he's left me to do for myself. He's been giving me hugs and kisses and tells me he loves me and to hang in there.
We all know and have been told: Our DOC is like a lover to us. When we give it up, it's like we've lost a very dear loved one in our lives. Around about day 30 will be my turning point for not wanting my LOVER in my life like it's been for the past six months. My body feels like it's grieving for that close connection I had from the warmth and good feelings the pills gave me. I get scared, my emotions are on edge and I cry over anything. It doesn't help to have one of my pets dying right now either. I would have my husband tend to her needs, but she doesn't want him anywhere near her. So it's left to me and I cry every time.
Please send words of encouragement.
Thanks