View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
a fallen man

thanks for the kind words from everybody.....i should post more often...lol.

it feels great to be home on a saturday night and fully sober. back in the day by this time i would have been passed out on the sofa as saturday was a start as soon as you get up day.

how sad is that???

i by no means imply that it is all puppies and daffodils and rainbows. it's not. i still feel a bit fatigued but i've been drunk so long that i just passed out every night so i was not cognizant of 'how i felt'.

the sleep is much, much better. it's been spotty throughout.

it's unbelievable how good food tastes now. i haven't been hogging out or anything like that but it seems like my taste buds are much more sensitive than they were before.

i've also been a much more active and better father and husband...again, i'm not the male lead for a romance novel but then again i never was.

my oldest son just graduated university and i've really been able to be there for him with fatherly advice on job options. and sober when i gave it. how great is that???

again thanks to everyone and congrats to everybody no matter how many days they have. if you have one day clean that is better than one more day under the influence.