View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Untoxicated
Eating protein and life.

The importance of friendships.

People are the importance of life...

I had just gotten off the phone with a buddy, and I say "buddy" loosely as I've only met him a few times through another friend. I decided to call him up today to see how he was because we've always gotten along.

I was amazed at how much we had in common, and three hours later - three hours!, I hung up the phone and have a new workout partner. It's amazing how it felt to connect with him.

I hadn't realized how much of a void I had in my friendships until that void started to fill.

I imagine this is a bit like AA and recovery. The people are what make recovery possible...OTHER people. The steps, the meetings, the recommendations...all of it is NOTHING without the people that are willing to accept you into their lives.

This was a big life lesson for me today. I don't like asking for help, I typically use alcohol to get through tough times and I do it alone - despite people offering their company.

I'm not suggesting anyone go to AA because I don't go myself. But I am suggesting that I'm starting to think it may be a good idea.

People are the importance of life...