Thread: Serenity...
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Serenity...

Feels great doesn't it!!

Neither happy or sad but just content with being sober and knowing that you're doing what you need to do. Seeing things slotting into place naturally and working out as they never did in that previous life!

Funny how walking down the street with your head held up high could be such a different experience than scurrying to the nearest bar to drink away that sense of paranoia and anxiousness about nothing much in particualr but being an alcoholic who just hasn't realised/accepted it yet.

So grateful that I can tell ex acqaintances straight as to why I won't be attending tonights 'event'. I am a recovering alcoholic who has seven months Monday clean from any alcohol, drugs, smokes! Feels great saying that!! The funny thing is it comes as no surprise to people even though they only saw me when I was out in town or whatever as I was always drunk! I was always wrecked whenever I bumped into people out and about drinking.

I was a drunk now I'm a recovering alcoholic who is so grateful for knowing what I am.

Peace and Love xxx