Old 02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Horselover

Welcome to SR Dprovan. There is an online test you can take to see how your drinking compares to one of an alcoholic. I didn't have to take the test because as hard as it was to admit it, I knew I was an alcoholic. I tried several different tricks to remain drinking, but to no avail. When I finally surrendered I felt relief. No longer worried about my actions or the fact I was worrying my husband so much. I now had an addiction to staying sober.

I do agree that we seem to have addictive personalities. It seems to go with the territory. I was addicted to this site in the very beginning. I go through ebbs and flows with this site presently, but I couldn't turn it off when I first became sober. I now like to return here to give back what this site and the people here had so freely given to me. I couldn't have made it past one day without the help here. You found a great place to start your journey.

I would concentrate, if I were you, on staying sober and not worrying about the label of alcoholic. You will be able to decide whether you are or aren't in the future, if its important to you. Some people just decide to give up alcohol because its no longer serving a positive purpose in their lives and that can be reason enough.

Good luck and I wish you happiness and self discovery.