Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ago

Personally I think it's important all views are heard from, as long as we can disagree without being disagreeable

I read many of my posts and see how "blunt" and "confrontational" they can appear, and this a good way venue to have discussions for me to learn how to soften my message

The truth is I accept my truth needn't be yours, that we can all have different experiences, just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I don't respect their right to their opinions.

I can just think it's wrong lol but that is OK

Something I hear in meetings frequently is how terrified alcoholics are of confrontation, that is not my experience, I really enjoy healthy debates and always learn something, and when I have these debates in Real Life always end with a hug and agreement to agree to disagree and we respect the others opinion.

That is true tolerance to me

Love and Tolerance of others is our code after all.

I also think that is why the format of we share our experience, strength and hope is, I can't "argue" with someone's experience, in that "this is what happened". I can "argue" with their interpretation of those events, but not the event itself, but I have to remember that experience is exactly that, something that I have experienced, not something I watched someone else do, that is an observation, which is important, but not the same thing.

I have been informed via PM that it is extremely unlikely this will be made a sticky as stickies in this forum are based on fact and not opinion

If it is I would also ask that all "debates" are removed