View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
vanillapenguin

Insulated-Im so sorry about your addict passing. PLease keep talking to all of us on here. Just the very short time I have joined on here it has made me feel so much better knowing Im not the only one dealing. So many folks on here coping with their addicts or addiction in so many different levels

RonGrover-thank you so much for the link to your essay! IM definitely going to check it out when Im finished on here. Im willing to try anything and everything to get myself through this without having a breakdown. Knowing there are people like you out there is so very comforting,

Coffeedrinker-yes we are living together..which yes I do believe it makes it a million times harder to deal with my thoughts and emotions. My bf has been using opiates for quite some time. He was in a car accident about 5 years ago(we were not dating then but were friends) and was perscribed pain meds because he broke his hip..now looking back I see that he took the meds as perscribed then slowly but surely had "fun" with them and now here we are, they took hold of his life.

Today he is 21 days clean. I asked him this morning if he would like to attend a nar-anon meeting with me and he is willing to go with me. It bothers me the way he handles the whole situation, like its in the past and we need to move on. However I just cant do that like its not a big deal. He has made no effort to attend meetings or get a sponsor or anything to continue his recovery. But here I am focusing on MY recovery because I refuse to let this situation get the best of me!