View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Welcome!!!

No, you're definitely not too young, have told the story, the first time I drank, buddy stole a bottle of clear alcohol from his Dad-can't remember what it was-we drank it, and I thought it was the greatest thing ever, but had I the experience or wisdom, would have realized it was going to be a problem.

We were riding around a construction site on our bikes, the hardhat offered us $5 to wash his beat up pickup truck. We did, and got tired of waiting for him to come back with the $5, so we stuck the still running hose in his gas tank, which we thought was hilarious at the time, being drunk as skunks, but would have been an ugly scene had we been caught.

One of the best AA speakers I ever had the privilege of listening to got sober at a fairly young age, still in his teens or possibly early twenties at the time, he's gone on to lead a fairly remarkable life, attended a White House dinner and sat next to Nelson Mandela, whom he had a fairly long conversation with, mainly about Mandela's experience in prison.

None of which would ever have happened had he continued drinking, of course.

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.