Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by mimi54321 View Post
My eating and drinking issues are so connected its impossible to separate them. Without one the other kicks in, I sometimes think my mind and body are on a mission to destroy me.

Hi Mimi,

I know exactly how you feel. You are not alone.

I got started in OA in 1999 but I have just got sober and gone into AA a month ago.

I have spent the last year or so trying to work out what I am more powerless over - food or alcohol. Or which one is the least problem, food or alcohol. Each time I would write the list, changing which one was in first place. It was an exhausting, never ending, cyclic process and every time I did it, the 'other one' would kick me in the arse and take me back to hell.

Today food and alcohol sit side by side on the list. They are the same problem and I cannot seperate the two. I learned that the hard way. I know today that if I ever try to seperate the two again, as sure as night follows day one of them will get me to use the other and take me back to hell again.

The solution for both is the same. Working the 12 steps. Does it get easier? I have no cravings for either food or alcohol today and I have all of those things promised in the Promises. I work hard at it but I believe what it says that I will always have them, if I "work for them"

Keep in touch