Thread: Alcohol in Food
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Originally Posted by NEJeeper View Post
And to crackquack, I am a biology student, I use ethyl alcohol on a regular basis for the preservation of living things or to use in chemistry, but it is not a big deal. Once two years ago I had a short lived thought of taking a shot of it as I worked diligently in a laboratory for 6 hours identifying macro-invertebrates, but I definitely did not for a variety of reasons. This stuff is pretty much pure alcohol, like everclear. I think it would be on par with taking a shot of 87 octane lol.
Whoa. Like everclear? Ya learn something new every day, and I actually got a good shot of 93 octane yesterday. I finally decided to drain my car (blown head gasket) to give the truck its gas and the little bulb was busted on the hose, so I disconnect it and suck like I did when I was younger and apparently it's been a while. YUCK! No, GROSS! DISGUSTING! 93 octane does not taste good and I do not recommend it at all! The worst part is that I couldn't keep the flow going! Ugh! There is 10 gallons in there and I want it! :rotfxko
Ok, sorry about being off topic.. But it was a funny moment. The boyfriend asked if I was born in a barn cuz I come hauling booty, in the house, leaving the door open to go brush my teeth and mouth.. And I told him I drank that gas! EWWWW!
Didn't swallow, I don't think, any of it, but it was just awful in my mouth.