View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
I am a member of AA and have done most of the Steps (1-7). I also do a lot of self-help books, as well as therapy and online forums. I try to keep recovery as part of my daily living, to the best of my ability and never take my sobriety for granted.

What more can I do to insure that I don't lose this precious gift?
Well, I'm assuming you'll finish all 12 Steps and then practice them every day, at least to the best of your ability?

My experience is that recovery always has to be at the forefront of every day, so I live, eat, and sleep recovery. I too read plenty of self-help material, the Bible, attend meetings for different programs, stay active here on SR and be of service whenever possible in my daily life.

Some people think it's too much. Too much recovery work makes Astro a dull boy. But sobriety has filled my life with so many gifts that I refuse to take it for granted. Alcoholism never "rests on its laurels" so my recovery can't either. I can't risk losing the gift, and yes it is very precious.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting. That goes for the good, as well as the bad