Thread: My Deal
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you found us, Guy. My addiction cost me two marriages so I can relate to how you're feeling. Many of us have lost so many things due to our disease. But, this is a disease that doesn't have to cost you anymore than it already has.

I hope you'll give AA another shot. I had went to Meetings many times over the 25 years that I half a$$ tried to stay Clean. I thought that AA just wasn't going to "work" for me, but then I realized it wasn't AA that didn't work. It was me not working the Program of AA. I had to be willing to go to any length and all those other times, I wasn't willing to. When I hit my bottom, everything changed. Hopefully this is your bottom and you're ready to go to any length.

SR is a great place where you can get a lot of support. You'll also find out that so many others have the same thoughts and feelings that you do. For me, that was pretty darn comforting. Continue to read around the newcomers forum and check out the alcoholism forum as well. Share as much as you're comfortable with and just take things One Day at A Time.

God Bless,
Judy