Thread: My Deal
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
postparty82

Its not easy

The feelings of loneliness, boredom, being alone are all triggers which us alcoholics must deal with. It sounds to me like you have been drinking alone almost every night since September. You should really keep going to the therapist and AA meetings if you get ANYTHING out of them. Heck, maybe they are just good ways to spend time so you are not lonely and around a bottle.

The simplest trick I did to myself to get sober day 1,2,3,4, etc is that I know what times the liquor stores around me closed (midnight). So I would will myself to stay busy until midnight and at 12:01 I knew that I had nothing to drink and no way to get anything.

I've only been sober 17 days so I don't have a lot of answers other than every day is a different struggle and every day if you can stay away from the liquor stores just long enough... then you've accomplished another sober day.

Another thing i do is put an "S" on my calendar for each day sober. As dumb as it may sound I actually look forward to waking up and putting an S on my calendar and counting the days . GOOD LUCK. Just don't drink tonight.