Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Originally Posted by Ago View Post

That's not entirely correct, and is one of the myths perpetuated by non members, the third tradition in it's entirety clearly states:
That may be true, but unfortunately, it was members of AA who told me the only requirement for membership at AA is the desire to stop drinking. What can I say to what other AA MEMBERS told me, ya know?? LOL
And I wouldn't ever call people resentful or anything like that, but the seperatist attitude really, and again it's my not so humble opinion, restricts some people's recovery. What if AA is the only meeting close enough for them to attend. Would you really turn someone away just because what they are addicted to differs from what you're addicted to?
Honestly, there is a place for each of the groups. I know I'd rather hear about how other people stayed off of crack cocaine, but I listen to other's stories, because they may have something I can still learn and grow from.
Either way, I am grateful for both groups. Without AA, I truly believe that NA would not exist.
But I would not compare them to Churches because AA and NA have extremely similar "preachings." 12 steps. Traditions. All that. Just one says alcoholics and the other says addicts. Hey, both start with A.
I don't want to argue that point, and I do apologize for ruffling feathers. It was just my opinion. Take it or leave it. Apparently, a couple of ya wanna leave it. LOLOL. You're alright.