View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

thanks )) all........

actually it will! (and I am so VERY happy I laid some ground work on this one) live and learn right??
My Ohio gang comes out next Wednesday...one of them emailed to say what time the meeting was, and we would do the "regular" cocktail date after wards. I emailed him back (because for some odd reason...in the couple of times I had met this guy (new to the group) I didn't think he had drank. So I emailed him back and asked him...all I get back in response is a "nope" (literally that was the only word he wrote) well, I spilled my guts..told him I was 29 days sober, and wasn't sure of how I was going to react to any situation that might come up...and wanted to have something intelligent to say besides "hit me!"...a few more bla..bla...bla (too much info lines) .......and then I hit send! OMG I so wanted and wished I could UNDO that!!

I a matter of minutes I get a (YES, I am dead serious!!) an email back from Him saying:

Good for you & congratulations!

AA has been saving my life “One day at a time” for 11+ years now & today’s going ok, too, so far.
I could have just crap myself right then and there! (he works for my mentor), so it is a BIG deal for me and this particular meeting.

how absolute freaky is that??