View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

first night out on biz.........It Blew!

So, it wasn't like I wanted to, or even thought about drinking.......wasn't the case at all.

So I meet a business associate at the bar of a restaurant (yea, I know, not the best spot at 29 days.......but I've struck many a Great deal there before) he asks me if I'm on the wagon...due to that fact I order a diet pepsi (and wtf.........I tell him no!!??)

that I just wanted a pop???!! really D??!!

So I end up feeling so darned uncomfortable I couldnt believe it (they all sit around and slam down beers) finally (and I do mean finally they ask it I am ready to be seated at a table) spoze?? we ate.....and the evening couldnt have ended fast enough for me. I dont know what really brought on my spazz.......but it was goin on.
So we leave, and I comment to my husband who was there about the wagon comment, and worse yet...my response. He suggests (yea...HE suggests) I should have just told him the "truth"

Ohhh Crap I blow an original gasket! "the truth"??

which truth would you have me tell the whole world??

1)the one about me being nothing but a drunken alcoholic
2) or that thank god our deals are all later put in writing cause god knows I didn't remember them
3) how I black out 10 out of 10 times drinking
4) how I've screwed up mine and all the lives I've touched??
ya mean those truths??????

so the man who has put up with this drunken thing for over 28 years........simply looks at me and says .......
"how about that you quit drinking"??

geeshhhhhhh!

silence the rest of the way home outta me an my psycho mouth!.......

ok, maybe I'm not in any sort of comfort zone in life yet... Its still early in the game though.......and I'm a player~here for the duration