View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by postparty82 View Post
Ok I'll hit you up in 12 days. Will that make you accept me?

Is 17 days sober bad? Its been the most sober I've been in 6 years. Does my opinion have less value than yours because you have more posts and more days sober as me?
It's not that it is "bad" but by your own admission you don't know how to get or stay sober, if you have been trying for 6 years, yet you only have 17 days, that is a pretty good litmus test for your blueprint of success.

As in does it work?

according to your own admission and your personal results, that would be....No

Sobriety is judged by personal success, as in we determine a methods success by it's actual success, and so far your method hasn't worked.

Your opinion has just as much value as anyone else on this forum, however, as it is the opinion of someone who can't get or stay sober, that is what your opinion "models".

Sobriety results are easily checked, as in if I want what you have (6 years of being unable to get sober) I will agree with your opinion and follow your suggestions, your results speak for themselves, if I want sobriety, I will listen to the other posters on this thread, there are representatives from AA, NA, and "a little of this, a little of that" on this thread all with clearly defined success stories, so there are many alternatives to view and methods to try to get sober.

So it's not that your opinion isn't valuable, if I want what you have I will do what you do (6 years of being unable to get sober), but since myself and from their stories, most every single poster on this thread has tried your method without success, we tend to listen to people with clearly defined and tangible success and long term sobriety, which is abstinence from drugs, not substituting one drug for another.

Most every alcoholic and drug addict I know in the world has tried your method without success, perhaps you will be the exception to the rule.

Good Luck